Thursday, August 15, 2013

Zoya Cashmeres Collection

Hi everyone! It's been two weeks (gasp!) since I updated my blog. Life sometimes just gets in the way of my polish time lol. I've been dealing with some issues, plus I was always tired and out of energy. I went more than a week (eek!) without posting anything on Instagram, either. Anyway, I am slowly regaining my polish swatching mojo so for today's post I have for you the Zoya Cashmeres Collection.


The Cashmeres is one half of Zoya's Fall 2013 collection. It consists of six creme polishes.



*Note: I only have one pic for each polish, as I was having technical difficulties while taking these photos. Sorry...*


Let's get right to the swatches, shall we? :)


First, we have Livingston.



Livingston is a bright red, almost jelly-like polish. This was the thinnest of the bunch and also the sheerest. Personally, I think this was more appropriate for summer. This was also my least favorite of the set. This is three coats with top coat.


Next up, Pepper.



Pepper is a brick red creme polish. I love this one! Application was easy. I did three coats for this one but you can probably get away with two careful coats. Also with top coat.


Here we have Sailor.


Sailor is a dusty navy creme. This was my favorite from the set, but that was to be expected as I am partial to blues. This was a bit thick too, but still applied good. This is two coats with top coat.


And here is Hunter.


Hunter is a dusty, well, hunter green creme. The website described this a sea green but honestly I have never seen a sea of this color. Lol. This was also a bit on the thin side. This is three coats with top coat.


And then we have Louise.


Louise is a chocolate brown which is darker than it shows on the photo. I love it! I don't have many browns in my stash so this was a good addition. This is two coats with top coat.


And last but not the least, Flynn.


Flynn is a nude creme. This polish totally gives me mannequin hands! Lol. It's a bit more camel brown in person. This is three coats with top coat..


Thoughts? I love these polishes! I think they are very appropriate shades for fall, with the exception of Livingston. For me, she's more of a summer shade, because she's bright. It would look good on toes during summer. :) Although, I don't quite like Livingston just because it doesn't really go with my skintone (at least I think it doesn't.) Pepper is more like my style in reds, a little bit towards brown and not as bright red. I think a coordinating lipstick would be awesome! My favorite is Sailor, but that was to be expected, lol. I also liked Louise. The formula on these polishes is pretty good. Cremes, for me, tend to get a bit thick after a few applications, but it wasn't that hard to work with it. Livingston was the runniest, followed by Hunter. Sailor was the thickest, relatively speaking. Coverage was good, most were opaque in two careful coats but I like to do three, and Livingston did require three for full coverage. Dry time was average for cremes. Overal, I'm pretty impressed with this collection.


Would I recommend these polishes? Yes, and no. If you've seen similar colors somewhere, you probably don't need all of them, especially Livingston which has probably a dozen dupes already. (Can you tell I don't like her that much? Lol) The price might also turn some off, as it goes for $8 per bottle, plus shipping. Zoya does promotions from time to time, so I suggest snagging these during a sale. I suggest finding dupes first, but the formula on these do make up for the price.


And that's it for this post! I hope you'll be back for the next ones. :)


*I bought these polishes with my own money. Zoya polishes are available from their website, Ulta, certain salons and other salon supply stores. They retail for $8 per bottle, plus applicable taxes and shipping.*


*Disclaimer: Due to variations in screen displays and resolutions, polishes may appear different to each reader. I try my best to capture colors as accurately as I can, and if I can't, then I try to describe the color/s to the best of my ability.*

1 comment: