Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Textured Polish Week Day 3: Zoya Pixie Dust Summer Collection (Miranda, Solange, Liberty and Stevie)

Hi everyone! Textured Polish Week continues! Today is Day 3 and we're continuing TPW with four polishes from the Zoya Pixie Dust Summer Collection. The collection comes with six polishes, but the other two weren't really my type.


I have already swatched these polishes before in my Instagram account (@tinkybellgotlacquered) but since we are doing TPW, it's just right that I swatch them again, more properly this time. :)

The Zoya Pixie Dust polishes are a totally different kind of textured polish than the first two I posted (see the O.P.I here and the Milani here.) You'll see in the swatches what makes these different from the others.


(All four polishes dry to a textured,matte yet sparkly finish.)


First in line, Miranda.




Miranda is a sheer jelly red/rose base with fine glitters. Opaque in two coats, but I did three because I felt like two wasn't color-saturated enough.


Next up, we have Solange.




Solange is a yellow gold foil with fine glitters. Opaque in two, but I did three because I had some bald spots (user error, not the polish's fault.)


And here we have Liberty.




Liberty is a slightly dark blue jelly base with fine glitters. It looks less dark in person. Again, opaque in two coats but shown is three coats for a more color-saturated look. Note: most people say Liberty stains, but I have not personally experienced any staining. I haven't worn it for longer than ten minutes, so I cannot say if it stains if worn for longer than that.


Last but not the least, here is Stevie.




Stevie is a red-toned lavender crelly base with fine glitters. I did three coats for a more color-saturated look, but is opaque in two.


Of course I had to try it with top coat... Here they are with TC:


Miranda with top coat
Solange with top coat
Liberty with top coat
Stevie with top coat
Thoughts? If you have seen my last two posts, you can tell that the Zoya Pixie Dusts are different than the O.P.I or the Milani Texture polishes. While the O.P.I have larger glitter particles, the Zoya has fine glitters. It's completely different from the Milani as while the Milani polishes were a creme, these are glitter. Also, they are way more sparkly in person. I hate how I could not capture the true beauty of these polishes. The texture is also like fine sand, not very gritty as one would expect from a glitter textured polish. Adding top coat helps you have the color and not the texture, if you're bothered by the feel of it.

I love the colors of these polishes more than their predecessor, the original Zoya Pixie Dust shades. (I don't have any of the original Pixie Dusts.) The formula is as what can be expected of Zoya polishes: beautiful and perfect. Considering these are essentially glitterbombs, they were easy to work with. Dry time was also fast. I have always loved Zoya ever since I bought my first (Wednesday, but that's for another post down the line.) Their brushes are one of my favorite brushes to use: soft but doesn't leave streaks or bald spots, and fans out nicely. Altough, I found the Pixie Dust brushes to be a bit fluffier than the usual, but maybe that's because of the polish itself... I'm not too sure. Removal can also be a bit messy. But either way, I love these polishes!


Would I recommend these polishes? Um, YES! Zoya is one of my favorite brands because of their formula and their brushes. I haven't encountered a Zoya polish that I haven't liked (well, maybe certain shades, but that's because I didn't like the color. Not Zoya's fault!) and these are no exception. The price might be a bit steep at $9 a pop ($8 for regular shades) plus shipping, but Zoya always as flash sales/promos so be sure to follow their Facebook page for updates. (I have a secret: I almost always only buy Zoya when they have a sale...) The texture might be off-putting for some, but some top coat will take care of that.


And that's it for Day 3 of Textured Polish Week! Stay tuned for the next installment in the series. :)


*I bought these polishes with my own money from the Zoya website for $9 a bottle. Check their Facebook page for updates on flash sales/deals. Zoya is also available at ULTA and some nail supply shops.*

*Disclaimer: Due to variations in screen displays and resolutions, polishes may appear different to each reader. I try my best to capture colors as accurately as I can, and if I can't, then I try to describe the color/s to the best of my ability.*

No comments:

Post a Comment