Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Textured Polish Week Day 2: Milani Nail Lacquer Texture in Yellow Mark, Aqua Splash, and Purple Streak

It's Day 2 of Textured Polish Week! Continuing our TPW are three Milani Nail Lacquer Texture polishes.

These polishes are different from the O.P.I Liquid Sand textured polishes I posted yesterday. While the O.P.I polishes were glittery, the Milani polishes are cream and not sparkly at all.

I got these polishes from Olivia, a girl I "met" at Instagram. We did a polish swap, where I gave her a wishlist and she gave me hers. I had a hard time finding these polishes and Olivia was such a darling to have found these for me! We haven't made any swaps again lately, but hopefully we will soon. Anyway, if you are interested in having a "nail mail buddy" to swap polish with, check out this list of the "safe" and "not safe" nail mail buddies, posted by Ricarda (@justricarda on IG and Just Ricarda blog.)


Anyway, let's get right to the swatches, shall we? :)


First, we have Yellow Mark.



Yellow Mark is a bright yellow creme that dries to a matte, textured finish. Yellow always makes my hands look more tan than they are. This is three thin coats, and obviously, no top coat.


Next, we have Aqua Splash.



Aqua Splash is a blue-green crelly that dries to a matte, textured finish. Can you see the white grit? :) It's a touch more green in person. Shown is three coats with no top coat.


Last but not the least, here is Purple Streak.



Purple Streak is a grape creme that dries to a matte, textured finish. It's more red-tone in person. This was my favorite out of the three. Shown is three coats with no top coat.


I did try to put top coat on them, but they just looked weird with top coat that I didn't bother posting pics of those.


Thoughts? As you can see, these polishes have a different kind of texture that the O.P.I Liquid Sand. As I've mentioned earlier, while the O.P.I polishes are glittery, these are creme. It kinda reminds me of textured wall paint, or the textured ceiling paint I have in my room. Haha. Also, it actually feels a bit grittier than the O.P.I. The formula was sort of inconsistent, as I was expecting Aqua Splash to be a creme like the other two, but it turned out to be a crelly. It was actually a bit sheer, and you can see the white grit that makes it textured. Anyway, as with regular cremes, Yellow Mark and Purple Streak got a little thick along the way, but if you're patient enough, it won't be too much of a problem. You also need thin coats to get the texture to develop better.


Would I recommend these polishes? 50/50. If you like the idea of textured polishes but not the glitters, then these are a good place to start. But I know some people find the idea a bit weird, with the possibility of snagging on things, etc. Availability might be an issue, because in my neck of the woods, I can't find these anywhere. At the end of the day, it's totally up to you.


And that's it for Day 2 of TPW! Tune in for the next installation. :)


*I received these polishes from a nail mail buddy, Olivia (@respectthejedi on IG.) I am not aware of how much these polishes are, as I have not seen them anywhere. Check your local stores and online for availability.*


*Disclaimer: Due to variations in screen displays and resolutions, polishes may appear different to each reader. I try my best to capture colors as accurately as I can, and if I can't, then I try to describe the color/s to the best of my ability.*

No comments:

Post a Comment