Wednesday, July 10, 2013

On Wednesdays We Wear Pink: Dotticure Flowers

Hello errbody! It's that time of the week again: On Wednesdays We Wear Pink!


To be honest, lately I am feeling uninspired when it comes to nail art designs. Add to that being a bit lazy and being tired all the time, and you have lack of nail art posts! I can do swatches just fine, but when it comes to doing an actual design, my mind is just drawing blanks. My arsenal of techniques are also limited, so I can only do so many designs without repeating myself over and over again.

Anyway, enough of the whining! For this week's OWWWP, I did a design that is basic but one of my favorite designs to do: dotticure flowers.





Thumb shot
Dotticure flowers are, as the name says, flowers made of dots. I did the dots using a dotting tool.


This is the dotting tool I use. It's double ended, with a small head at one end and a bigger one at the other end. It actually came in a pack of five, with different sized heads ranging from very tiny to large. I ordered mine from eBay (I forgot which seller but they're pretty much within the same price range.) Just search for nail dotting tool and you'll find a whole load of sellers, both within domestic and international.


I used three coats of Sinful Colors in Starfish for the base. For the brighter pink flowers, I used Pure Ice in Gossip! and for the darker flowers I used Pure Ice in Rumors. Rumors is appearing a bit more brick red than it really is a dark old rose/mauve. The yellow is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Mellow Yellow. The white dots are Sinful Colors in Snow Me White.




Dotticure flowers are one of my go-to designs when I can't think of anything to put on my nails. It's very easy to do and a quick way to brighten up a plain manicure.The possibilities with dotticure flowers are also endless! You can use different colors, or combine different sized flowers. You can even layer dots for multicolored "petals." You are only limited by your imagination. :)


And that's it for this week's OWWWP! I hope you enjoyed this post, and that you'll be back again for the next one. Til the next post! :)


*I bought these polishes with my own money. Sinful Colors can be found at Walgreens, Walmart, Target and other drugstores/retailers. They sell for $1.99 plus applicable tax. Pure Ice polishes can be found at Walmart (the only place I've seen them in, so far) and they sell for $1.99 each plus applicable tax.*


*Disclaimer: Due to variations in screen displays and resolutions, polishes may appear different to each reader. I try my best to capture colors as accurately as I can, and if I can't, then I try to describe the color/s to the best of my ability.*

No comments:

Post a Comment