Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Color Club 2013 Halo Hues (minus one...)

Hi everyone! I usually don't post on Tuesdays, but it was sunny outside and I decided to take advantage of it to swatch some holo (holo!) polishes! :) The polishes I will be swatching for you are the Color Club 2013 Halo Hues. (Well... five of the six. I am missing the green-gold, Kismet.)


The 2013 Holo Hues are the successors to the 2012 Color Club Halo Hues (see swatches from The Lacquerologist.) These colors are bolder than their predecessors, which I love! Have you ever wanted to put a rainbow on your nails? Well, the CC Holo Hues do just that! I only hope my swatches do these beauties justice.

So, let's get to it!


First up is Miss Bliss.



Indoor lighting
Direct sunlight
Miss Bliss is a metallic-looking pink, that leans a bit towards red, polish that turns holographic in certain angles and lighting. Shown is two coats with no top coat; first in indoor lighting and then under direct sunlight.


Next, we have Cosmic Fate.



Indoor lighting
Direct sunlight
Cosmic Fate is a metallic-looking peachy orange, slightly coppery, polish that turns holographic in certain angles and lighting. Shown is two coats with no top coat; first in indoor lighting, and then under direct sunlight.


And here we have Over the Moon.



Indoor lighting
Direct sunlight
Over the Moon is a metallic-looking sky blue that turns holographic in certain angles and lighting. Shown is two coats; first in indoor lighting and then under direct sunlight.


Next is Eternal Beauty.



Indoor lighting
Direct sunlight
Eternal Beauty is a metallic-looking purple that turns holographic in certain angles and lighting. Shown is two coats with no top coat; first in indoor lighting and then under direct sunlight.


And last but not the least, we have Beyond.



Indoor lighting
Direct sunlight
Beyond is, well, beyond amazing! It is a metallic dark charcoal, almost black, polish that turns holographic in certain angles and lighting. This was my favorite out of the set. Shown is two coats with no top coat; first in indoor lighting then under direct sunlight.


Thoughts? I freaking LOVE these polishes!!! They actually remind me of the metallic pens I loved back in elementary and high school (I don't know if you've heard of the Dong-A My Metal pens, but yeah they were the bomb when I was younger.) The formula is pretty great, a little bit runny but as long as you don't overload your brush, you'll be fine. It also dries superfast, practically dry by the time you finish your last stroke. The color payoff is good: it's pretty opaque in one coat, but GORGEOUS in two. The brush stem is long, and the brush head itself is a bit longer than average, not very fluffy but fans out well and does not leave bald spots or streaks. And did I mention the holo?! The holo (holo!) is very strong in these polishes. Even indoors, you can already see the rainbow on your nails. In short, these polishes are a dream to work with: good formula consistency, fast dry time, good color payoff, and no bald spots or streaks.


Would I recommend these polishes? YES, definitely. If you are a fan of holographic polishes, then these are a must-have. The strong holo and gorgeous base colors are what appealed to me, and I'm pretty sure it will win you over too. If you're not a fan of in-your-face holo polishes, then these might be a bit too much for you, but if you give them a try I'm pretty sure you'll fall in love with them too. The price might be a bit of a turn-off for some, depending on where you buy them. If you can find them in your local beauty supply store then go grab them!


And that's it for today! I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog, and that you'll come back for the next post. :)


*I bought these polishes with my own money from Amazon.com, for about $7 each including shipping. These might also be available at your local beauty supply store so check availability, and you can also check online stores for them.*


*Disclaimer: Due to variations in screen displays and resolutions, polishes may appear different to each reader. I try my best to capture colors as accurately as I can, and if I can't, then I try to describe the color/s to the best of my ability.*

2 comments: