Thursday, July 11, 2013

Indie Thursdays: Glampaint Lacquer Milkshake, Turquoise and Company, Barbie Jeep

Hello everyone! It's that time of the week again! I wasn't able to post last week because of Independence Day. I did do a patriotic mani ;)



Thirteen stars were physically impossible to fit on my nubs without it looking ugly, so I managed to get eleven at the most. The star studs were from Nail Sauce.


Anyway, I have three Glampaint Lacquer polishes to share with you today: Milkshake, Turquoise and Company, and Barbie Jeep.

I have always wanted these polishes before, but they were always sold out. They were one of the first indies I remember ever wanting, but since they were always unavailable, I sort of forgot about them. Then when the opportunity to purchase these polishes came (at a sale price, too!) I went ahead and bought them! Glad I did, too, cause they were sold out again just a little bit after I purchased mine.


Anyway, let's get right to the swatches!


First, we have Milkshake.




Milkshake is described as a "milky white base with pink, purple and blue glitter." To me the base looks a little more grayish on the nail than true white, but I love it! It has tiny and medium pink, purple and blue hex glitters. Shown is three coats with top coat.


Next up, we have Barbie Jeep.



Barbie Jeep is described as "a pink milky base with glitter galore." This polish reminds me of Revlon Girly (just search for swatches) but with smaller glitters. Barbie Jeep has tiny pink, small hot pink and dark purple, medium pink and blue, and large silver holo hex glitters. Phew! Shown is three coats with top coat.


Last but not the least, here is Turquoise and Company.




Turquoise and Company is described as "turquoise base with loads of glitter." I will try to describe it a bit more, lol. It has a slightly shimmery, light turquoise crelly base, with tiny green holographic hex glitters, plus small hot pink and purple, and large white, turquoise, and silver holo glitters. Shown is two coats with top coat.


Thoughts? I love Milkshake and Barbie Jeep. Turquoise and Company, hmm, not so much. Out of the three, Milkshake is my favorite. I love milky white-based glitters and Milkshake was just perfect. The formula did get a little thick after a bit, but wasn't really much of a problem as it's a beautiful shade and chock-full of glitters. All of them were actually full of glitter, not much fishing required except for the larger glitters. I liked Barbie Jeep better than Girly because the glitters in Barbie Jeep were smaller and the formula was quite easy to work with. I didn't like Turquoise and Company as much because the base was just a little too opaque for my liking. I felt like the base obscured the glitters a little bit. It could probably work better layered over a similar-colored base. And as with all glitter-loaded polishes, load up on top coat because they do tend to have a gritty finish.


Would I recommend these polishes? Yes and no. I would recommend Milkshake, no doubt. You can probably skip Barbie Jeep if you already have Revlon  Girly. If the opacity of Turquoise and Company doesn't bother you then by all means get it, because it does look pretty. Also, availability might be an issue because as of this moment, only Barbie Jeep is available out of the three.

And that's it for this week's Indie Thursdays! Stay tuned for the next posts. :)


*I bought these polishes with my own money from Glampaint Lacquer's website. Each polish was bought on sale for $5 each, plus $5.95 shipping.*


*Disclaimer: Due to variations in screen displays and resolutions, polishes may appear different to each reader. I try my best to capture colors as accurately as I can, and if I can't, then I try to describe the color/s to the best of my ability.*

No comments:

Post a Comment