Monday, June 17, 2013

Mainstream Mondays: Revlon Cabana Queen and Coast is Clear

Hi errbody! It's that time of the week again. Time flies by so fast, doesn't it? Well today I have two Revlon polishes for ya, Cabana Queen and Coast is Clear.

These two polishes are from the Revlon Haute Tropics 2013 collection. It has been available for sometime now, like a few weeks ago. I bought these polishes a while back and it has been sitting in my untried pile since then. So now I decided to bust them out for this week's Mainstream Mondays' post.


Photo credit: Steph's Closet

Looking back, I now wonder why I didn't purchase the other blues in this collection, knowing my love of blues. Oh well. Anyway! Let's get right to it!


First up: Cabana Queen.


Sorry for the crappy watermark, I've been experimenting with a new watermarking app .

Cabana Queen is a very light gray with opalescent microshimmer throughout. The shimmer makes it so that it is not your average grey creme. Application was like a crelly, felt more like a jelly to me but more opaque. I used four, yes FOUR, coats for this bad girl, plus top coat. Not that it needed it, but I just like to finish swatches off with top coat.


And here is Coast is Clear.


I need to trim my nails!

Coast is Clear is a minty green, I guess you could say seafoam since we seem to be going with a summer theme here. Like Cabana Queen, this one has an opalescent microshimmer throughout. It's a little less brighter, more green than turquoise in person. I like this color but again, I used four coats plus top coat, though it didn't really need a top coat for shine.


Thoughts? I have conflicting feelings about these polishes. While I like the color, the amount of coats it took me to cover up bald spots is turning me off. I've tried waiting for each coat to dry completely before applying the next coat but it still leaves bald spots. It's also a bit runny, and will tend to pool in your cuticles if you get too close. It's a shame because the colors are pretty.

Would I recommend these polishes? Yes and no. If you're okay with the amount of coats that it takes to cover up bald spots, then go for it. Personally, I don't mind the number of coats but if you do then I suggest skipping it and finding a color similar to it.


That's it for today's post! I hope you'll join me again next time. :)


*I bought these polishes with my own money. Revlon can be found in most retail stores and drugstores. These were bought at Walgreens for $4.99 each.*


*Disclaimer: Due to variations in screen displays and resolutions, polishes may appear different to each reader. I try my best to capture colors as accurately as I can, and if I can't, then I try to describe the color/s to the best of my ability.*

No comments:

Post a Comment