Thursday, June 13, 2013

Indie Thursdays: Messy Jessi Speckled Egg Collection

Hi errbody! For this week's Indie Thursday, I have Messy Jessi's debut collection: the Speckled Egg.

I came across this collection on Instagram, when I saw teasers and swatches from some of the girls I am following. I thought to myself, "I should have these polishes!" It was on a preorder status at the time. After I talked to Jessi, the lovely owner, I was able to snag a set for the preorder price even though it ended a few days earlier before I paid. See, Jessi is a really sweet person!

Who is Messy Jessi? (copied from her website:)


About
Hand-blending custom nail lacquer for the modern woman and man. All lacquers are hand-blended in very small batches, typically on-demand! Have a look around and be sure to come back often! Love, Messy Jessi

So, without further ado, I present to you the gorgeous Speckled Egg polishes!



Warm Collection: Quail, Finch, House Wren
Cool Collection: Mockingbird, Snowy Plover, Easter Bunny
The collection is divided into two: The Warm and the Cool  collection. It also came with a preorder-exclusive glitter top coat, Speckled. All of the polishes have black hex glitter of different sizes.


Let's start with the Warm collection. First up: Quail.




Quail is the one that looks most like an egg to me, like a quail egg! It's in a milky nude base, kinda like coffee with tons of creamer. I used two coats plus top coat.


Next, we have Finch.




Finch is a milky minty green base. Makes me think of mint chocolate chip ice cream!I used three coats plus top coat.


Rounding up the Warm collection is House Wren.




House Wren is a milky pink base. Like a strawberry smoothie :) I used three coats plus top coat.


Now the Cool Collection. First up, Mockingbird.




Mockingbird is a milky pale blue. Lighter than a robin's egg blue, but pretty nonetheless. I used three coats plus top coat.


Next, we have Snowy Plover.




Snowy Plover is a pale gray that doesn't look quite like concrete. It's a beautiful shade of pale gray. I used two coats plus top coat.


Last but not the least, we have Easter Bunny.




Easter Bunny is a milky pale lavender base. I used three coats plus top coat.


And here's the preorder exclusive top coat, Speckled.





Speckled is a clear base with the same black glitters as the above polishes. I placed it over a Skittles mani to show how it looks on different polishes. This could probably look cool over a white base too. I used one coat on all nails, plus top coat.


Thoughts? I LOVE these polishes. I cannot afford the Illamasqua ones and these were a cheaper, but just as pretty, alternative. Granted, the Illamasquas have smaller glitter, but they're pretty much in the same family. I love how easy the polishes were to work with. Even though some colors took three coats, I don;t mind because they dried really fast! Plus, they have a very good glitter payoff, so I'm happy with that. No need to fish around so much for the bigger pieces.


Would I recommend these polishes? YES. They are sold out now, but maybe Jessi will bring them back someday? *insert hopeful face here* Even though this is her first collection, it did not disappoint due to the prettiness and the quality of the polishes.


There you have it for! I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed writing it. Til the next time! :)


*I bought these polsihes with my own money from Messy Jessi. It is sold out as of now. You can contact her on her website, Instagram, and Facebook.*


*Disclaimer: Due to variations in screen displays and resolutions, polishes may appear different to each reader. I try my best to capture colors as accurately as I can, and if I can't, then I try to describe the color/s to the best of my ability.*

No comments:

Post a Comment