Thursday, June 6, 2013

Indie Thursdays: Polish Addict Cupcakes and Kittens, Pretty in Pastels and A Beautiful Mess

My, how time has flown by! It's time for Indie Thursdays once again. Today I have three Polish Addict nail polishes to share with you.

As I made my way through Polishland, I've encountered a lot of swatches of indies (I explained a bit about indies in my first Indie Thursday post. I was fascinated, but at the same time, I was also considering the expense it would incur to purchase polishes, and the regret that will inevitably come when I don't end up liking it. My search lead me to Polish Addict's Storenvy site (which is empty as of this moment, possibly due to restock.) Their Storenvy site is where you can find discontinued polishes for a discount, plus polishes from Laura's (the owner) personal stash. They also have their regular online store that sells their most recent collections.

I got three from the discontinued polishes: Cupcakes and Kittens (how cuddly is that name?!) Pretty in Pastels, and A Beautiful Mess (which is in no way messy at all!)

I present to you, Cupcakes and Kittens.



Cupcakes and Kittens is a crelly (but more towards the jelly side) pale pink with iridescent glitters of different shapes and sizes. I love this polish! It's girly and princess-like. Shown is three coats, no undies, with top coat.


Next in line,  Pretty in Pastels.



Pretty in Pastels is a crelly (again, a bit more jelly) minty green with micro and small silvery glitters, medium yellow green glitters, and large purple glitters. At first I had doubts about it, but I'm glad I purchased it because I ended up liking it more than I thought! Shown is three coats, no undies, with top coat.


Last but not the least, and my favorite of the bunch: A Beautiful Mess.




 I told you it wasn't a mess at all! Well... My application is a mess, but that's not the polish's fault. Haha. A Beautiful Mess is a crelly (this leans a bit more toward the cream side) filled with tiny glitters of different colors (I see red, purple, silver, blue and gold) plus large light blue glitters. This one applied well. Shown is three coats, no undies, with top coat.


Thoughts? Well... I love these! Like I've said before, I'm not a big fan of glitter polishes that look random and too busy. These polishes are just the perfect combination. They also look like jelly sandwiches in a bottle (more on that later.) Formula-wise, they were easy to work with. Cupcakes and Kittens and Pretty in Pastels did tend to get a bit goopy after a bit, but it's because it was packed with glitter. It wasn't a big issue because they still applied well.

Would I recommend it? Yes. Although these particular polishes might not be available anymore, judging from the quality of these, I can safely say that good quality can also be expected from Laura's other polishes.


And there you have it! That's it for this week's Indie Thursday. Hope to see you next time!

*I bought these polishes with my own money through Polish Addict's Storenvy website, but their new collections are available at their regular store. These polishes were $4 each plus shipping. Regular polishes are around $8-$9, plus shipping.*

*Disclaimer: Due to variations in screen resolutions, polishes may appear different to each reader. I try my best to capture colors as accurately as I can, and if I can't, I try to describe as much as I can.*

No comments:

Post a Comment