Tuesday, June 11, 2013

(Late!) Mainstream Mondays: Zoya Aurora, Blaze and Storm

Hi everyone! Yes I know it's Tuesday today, but I still decided to do Mainstream Mondays. For today's post I have for you three Zoya polishes from the Ornate Collection Holiday 2012: Aurora, Blaze and Storm. I'm a bit late in the game, so I didn't know about these polishes til early this year. But wait and you'll see why I chose to feature these polishes today. A bit more photos than usual too because I am trying some new hand poses and I also just want to showcase these polishes. ;)

Who is Zoya? Here's the description from their website:

Zoya Nail Polish has been awarded as the longest wearing natural nail polish by an independent panel in Women’s Health Magazine. Zoya Nail Polish is a nail polish free of toluene, formaldehyde, DBP (phthalates) and camphor. Nail Polish by Zoya offers over 300 gorgeous nail polish colors to choose from, plus 4 seasonalcollections of nail polish every year. Zoya Nail Polish was specifically formulated to deliver the longest wear possible on natural nails. Zoya Nail Polish can be found in better beauty salons, spas and online at www.zoya.com

While Zoya is still exclusive to their website, salons and Ulta, I still consider this a mainstream polish just because it is more widely available than indies. There are some beauty supply stores that sell these, although I haven't seen any yet. Zoya is one of my favorite brands, even though I don't own that many (yet, I plan to remedy that situation!) it is still one of my top brands. You'll see why in a bit.


First up: Aurora.





Aurora is described as "a full-coverage, medium sugarplum purple flecked with a high concentration of microfine diamond holographic glitter." I can only describe it as a jelly-ish magenta-purple with tiny holo glitters. Isn't it gorgeous? Opaque in two coats, but I used three coats plus top coat because I felt like it was still kinda sheer for my taste with two coats.


Next in line is Blaze.





Blaze is described as "a full-coverage, cool-toned medium mulberry red with a high concentration of microfine diamond holographic glitter." To me, it's a jelly-ish (like Aurora) blue-toned dark red with holo glitters. I love how the glitters add pizzazz to an otherwise plain red. Opaque in two coats but again I felt like it was still a bit sheer, so I used three coats plus top coat.


Last but certainly not the least: Storm.





Storm... oh Storm. I have no words for this polish. Storm is described as "a full-coverage, holiday black with a high concentration of microfine diamond holographic glitter." All I can say it, this polish is GORGEOUS! It's like a galaxy in a bottle. I mean, can you SEE those holo glitters?! Obviously this is my favorite out of all three. I loved it so much I did all ten nails with this color. It's a jelly-ish black that's completely opaque in two coats. I did two coats with top coat.


Thoughts? I freaking love Zoya polishes! They have one of the best formulas I have encountered. They were a little on the thin side but if you're careful enough and don't overload the brush, it won't flood your cuticles. The polishes also even out quite nicely. The brushes are also one of the best I have worked with. It fans out quite nicely and not streaky at all. Dry time is also fairly fast, about a minute or two per coat.

Would I recommend these polishes? YES, definitely. It's a bit expensive at $8 per 0.5oz, plus shipping, but they are definitely worh the expense. Plus, Zoya has deals from time to time so be sure to like their page on Facebook and check their website from time to time. They also have a wide array of beautiful colors.


That's it for today's post! I hope you'll join me again soon. :)


*I bought these polishes with my own money. Zoya nail polishes can be purchased from their website, select salons and Ulta. They are $8 per 0.5oz.*

*Disclaimer: Due to variations in screen resolutions, polishes may appear different to each reader. I try my best to capture colors as accurately as I can, and if I can't, I try to describe as much as I can.*

No comments:

Post a Comment