Thursday, May 30, 2013

Indie Thursdays: KBShimmer Oh Splat! and Lottie Dottie

Hey everyone! For today's blog post I will be featuring a couple of polishes from my favorite indie brand, KBShimmer!

I have only been more serious with my nail polish collection early this year. I've been collecting here and there, but only got really into it fairly recently. So I didn't know about indies until I started reading nail blogs and went on Instagram. What are indies, you might say? Well, indies are nail polishes that are hand-blended and custom made by very talented ladies (and gentlemen, probably?) as opposed to the commercialized, mainstream brands like OPI, China Glaze and the likes. Indies are almost always exclusively sold by the maker through their website, Etsy, Shopenvy, or if they offer international shipping, through websites like Llarowe, Harlow and Co and MeiMei Signatures. Indies are unique in the sense that anything is possible with them! The polishes are only limited by how far a maker's imagination goes. What I love about indies is that they are unlike those polishes you see in stores.

Well, KBShimmer is probably my most favorite indie polish brand, because I am in love with almost all of her polishes! I'm kinda picky with glitter; I don't like glitter that looks like someone just threw a bunch of different glitter in a base and called it a day. But with KBShimmer, it's.. orderly, for a lack of a better word. Like... an organized glitterbomb. Also, the brush is one of the best I've used! Flat and stumpy, it's perfect for me. The formula is always on point too. So, without further ado, here they are!


First up is Oh Splat!





Oh Splat! is probably KBShimmer's trademark polish. It's a sheer white base with glitters in the different colors of the rainbow. It's like a rainbow exploded on your nails! This is three easy coats with some fishing for the bigger hex glitters, plus top coat. Formula-wise, it's easy to work with. I love it!


Next up: Lottie Dottie.





Lottie Dottie is a sheer white base with magenta and turquoise round glitters, plus some really tiny bar glitters of the same color. This is actually my first KBShimmer polish, along with another one (that will come in the next Indie Thursday post lol.) Shown is three easy coats with some fishing for the round glitters, plus top coat. Formula is pretty much the same with Oh Splat! I love round glitters!


There you have it for my first Indie Thursdays post! :) KBShimmer is available through their website and retails for USD 8.75 for a 15ml bottle. She only ships in the US, so for international customers, you can try Harlow and Co. I seriously recommend this brand.

*I bought these polishes with my own money.*

*Disclaimer: Due to variations in screen resolutions, polishes may appear different to each reader. I try my best to capture colors as accurately as I can, and if I can't, I try to describe as much as I can.*


No comments:

Post a Comment