Thursday, June 27, 2013

Indie Thursdays: Nail Sauce Page Me, Maybe?

Hi everyone! It's Indie Thursdays once again. Time sure has flown by fast, hasn't it?! I missed Mainstream Mondays and OWWWP due to my three-part Island Girl review and I didn't want to let Indie Thursdays pass too, so here ya go!

For today's post I have a Nail Sauce by Feliifel polish for you called Page Me, Maybe? (I wonder if it's a play on a certain CArly Rae Jepsen song that tends to stay in your hea for like, forever...) I bought it off an IG blog sale a while back and have only used it for one mani for our tuplet nails. (More on that in a separate blog post; my superfriends are too awesome to just be a side note in a blog post! Lol) I have this thing where I tend to hoard buy polish and just dump it in my untrieds pile. Bad, I know! I think I should do an "untrieds month" or something.

I was supposed to do two Nail Sauce polishes today but for some reason, today is just not my day! I think a lot of you can relate, when you just have "those days" when nothing you try seems to be working out. So I ended up with just one polish for this post. (Good, because I'm also running out of indies for Indie Thursdays lol.)


Anyway, here is Page Me, Maybe?
 




Page Me, Maybe? is a crème white base that's not quite as opaque as a regular white polish, but not as milky as other white-based indies I've tried so far. I was able to get regular crème white polish-like opacity in two slightly thick coats, whereas with other milky white indies, three coats still look a little sheer. I haven't tried it over white undies, but to me it was opaque enough not to need it. Anyway, PM,M? is a white crème base with tiny purple and pink glitters, plus large purple hex glitters. As I have mentioned, I used two slightly thick coats plus top coat. I also had to manually place the large hex glitters because the way I applied it they would've drowned in the polish. You can probably do three thin coats to make the tiny glitters pop out more, but I was just too tired to repeat the process. This took me three tries to get it to look like this and I wasn't about to keep repeating it!


Thoughts? I like this polish; I like the color scheme, and I've always been a sucker for white-based glitter polish. But for some reason I find the base too opaque for my taste. Which is probably preferred by others, but I like my whites milky... With that being said, it doesn't take away from the beauty of this polish at all. I think the opacity works with the color scheme, because I'm trying to imagine this being milky and it doesn't look good in my head, lol. So I think Felii had the good idea to make it more opaque. If I had anything else to say about this polish is that it got a little too clumpy after a few coats, and the glitters liked to stick to the sides. No matter how hard I shook the bottle or how long I left it upside down, the glitters were so stubborn and refused to let go of the side of the bottle. Maybe it didn't do this when it was new. I don't exactly know when she released it, so I don't know how old it is.


Would I recommend this polish? Yes, for the most part. Don't let my issues deter you from this beautiful polish. Only thing is, I don't think it's available any longer. As with almost all indies, some of their shades are limited edition, which makes them all the more special. But if you find this in a blog or IG sale, then go grab it!


That's it for this week's Indie Thursdays! I hope you continue to stay with me til the next posts. :)


*I bought this polish with my own money through an IG blog sale. Nail Sauce polishes can be bought from Felii's Bigcartel store. Polishes start at $8 plus shipping, and she also sells some nail art supplies.*



*Disclaimer: Due to variations in screen displays and resolutions, polishes may appear different to each reader. I try my best to capture colors as accurately as I can, and if I can't, then I try to describe the color/s to the best of my ability.*

No comments:

Post a Comment