Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mainstream Mondays: Sinful Colors Sail La Vie Collection

Hi there! First of all I would like to apologize for neglecting my blog... There are so many polishes, I don't know where to start! But, I realized a solution. I will have a theme for each day! Well, maybe not EVERY day, but certain days. And... For the first day of the week (which I totally realize was YESTERDAY) I present to you...

Mainstream Mondays!

Mainstream Mondays will be posts consisting of, you guessed it, mainstream polishes, or brands that you can  find in major retailers and drug stores. And for today's post, I have one of my favorite cheap drugstore polishes: Sinful Colors.

Sinful Colors can be found at most drugstores (Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid to name a few,) Target, and Walmart. They retail for $1.99 each (plus applicable sales tax, depending on your state.) I love Sinful Colors because they are relatively inexpensive, therefore I don't feel bad if I buy a bunch at a time lol... And they have a wide array of colors, plus limited edition polishes that they re-release from time to time. Ok, without further ado, here are three polishes from the recently released Sail La Vie Collection.


First up, the namesake of the collection: Sail La Vie.



Sail La Vie is a pretty light blue that leans just a smidgen periwinkle in real life. I used three coats for this, plus top coat. Being the heavyhanded person that I am, I had to do three coats when using light colors. You can probably get away with two if you're careful enough. Formula was a bit runny, and you need to really make sure to wipe the excess polish from the brush stem because it will surprise you and just drop this huge glob of polish when you least expect it.


Next up is My Buoyfriend.


My Buoyfriend is a little less brighter than it shows in pictures. Formula was a little bit thick but runny at the same time. Again, be sure to wipe up the brush stem because it will threaten to do the same thing as Sail La Vie. Shown is two thickish coats with top coat.


Last but not the least is Into the Blue.


Into the Blue is a gorgeous dark blue. Not quite navy blue, it has a bit of purple in it. Only thing was, the polish got a little thicker as I kept working with it, so this is two thickish coats with top coat. Nevertheless, it wasn't too much of a bother, and nothing a little thinner couldn't fix.


Overall, I am pretty satisfied with these polishes. The colors may not be the most original of all, but hey, you can never have too many blues! I have actually looked in my stash if I can find a dupe, but I didn't find any. Bottom line: I recommend these if you love blues.

Oh! Here's a bonus gradient I did with these polishes.



Then I added China Glaze Fairy Dust, just because glitter makes everything better, lol.


I hope you enjoyed these swatches and gradients!


*Disclaimer: Due to variations in screen resolutions, polishes may appear different to each reader. I try my best to capture colors as accurately as I can, and if I can't, I try to describe as much as I can.*

4 comments: