Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tinkybell's 30 Days of Untrieds Challenge Day 2: The Face Shop Lovley Meex 04 Lemon Candy Yogurt

Hello errbody! It's Day 2 of Tinkybell's 30 Days of Untrieds Challenge!

For today's post, I have a polish from The Face Shop. It's called 04 Lemon Candy Yogurt from the Lovely Meex line. (Yes it really is spelled Lovley Meex. You can check out on the website!)


I have only heard of The Face Shop from my friends back home in the Philippines, and then from the ladies of Instagram. The Face Shop is a Korean brand of skin care, make up, and other body products. They looked like they had interesting colors, so when I found out that a TFS store opened up close to my house (about four miles?) I immediately dragged my boyfriend to take me there. This polish I will show you today wasn't part of that initial trip, though. It was bought on a subsequent trip, haha. Anyway, I had originally bought four of these polishes but I gave away two of them to a friend of mine (follow her on IG! Her username is @paintedbyjess.)

Anyway, let's get right to the swatches, shall we? :)





The bottle on the label actually only says "04" so I had no idea what the shade was called. I had to look it up online. Lemon Candy Yogurt is a crelly pale yellow base (which was a bit on the sheer side) with tiny and medium hex glitters of different colors. I don't know how to describe the colors, but I'd say they're rose gold, yellow gold and yellow-green. Shown is three coats with top coat.


And here is a macro shot:



And here's another shot, minus the bottle.



Thoughts? I mostly like this polish. I love the combination of the glitters, and I love yellow polish so this was a no-brainer. The glitter payoff is pretty good, I didn't need to fish for the bigger hexes. The glitter lays flat so it doesn't really need a lot of top coat to smooth out. I wish the base was just a tiny bit more opaque, but it could probably be resolved by layering this over a similar-colored creme base. I do like the look of it, it reminds me of indie polishes, so that's okay. The formula was so-so, nothing to write home about. Dry time was normal.


Would I recommend this polish? For the most part, yes, just because I haven't seen a polish similar to this one yet. An indie line might have released something like this already, but since I was late to the indie game, I have yet to find the indie version. At $4 for a 10 ml bottle, I don't think the price is that bad. I don't finish a whole bottle anyway so that's okay with me. Availability might be an issue for some, as The Face Shop stores are somehow limited in the US.


And that's it for this post! Stay tuned for the next days of the challenge! If you want to join in on the challenge on Instagram, post your pics under the hashtag #Tinkybells30DaysofUntriedsChallenge. :)


*I bought this polish with my own money from The Face Shop. The Yogurt collection sells for $4/10 ml, plus applicable taxes. Check their store locator for a TFS near you.*


*Disclaimer: Due to variations in screen displays and resolutions, polishes may appear different to each reader. I try my best to capture colors as accurately as I can, and if I can't, then I try to describe the color/s to the best of my ability.*

No comments:

Post a Comment