Sunday, July 14, 2013

Indie Thursdays... On A Sunday.

Hi errbody! No, I didn't get my days mixed up, lol. I decided to do an Indie Thrusdays segment today for a very special friend of mine.


First of all, let me explain a little bit about my "tuplets." I think I have already mentioned the tuplets in a previous blog post. I met my tuplets online on Instagram, when one of them (I forgot who! Bad.) invited me to join her and a few other girls for a "bestie twin nails," or in our case, "bestie quintuplet nails," session. (Bestie nails are when you and other girls come up with a theme and do a matching mani. Hence, the term "twin" or whatever tuplet numbers you have.) We all got to talking on Kik and like they say, the rest is history! We then started a tag called "tupletnails" on Instagram, but sad to say, we haven't exactly done a lot of matching manis lately.

(Did I mention these girls are from Australia?)

Anyway, one of the tuplets, Sylvie, recently launched her indie nail polish line called Smudged. I think I am not alone in saying that I am proud of her for finally getting her stuff out there. And, I feel honored to have been a part of the process, if only for the encouragement and support part. :) 


Follow Sylvie on Instagram!

Sylvie doesn't normally ship to the US, but she made an exception for me because I am special like that ;) lol jk. Anyway, let's get right to the swatches, shall we?


First, we have Catnip.



Catnip is "a light green cream base with white, purple and grape daisy glitters." The white glitters kinda makes the polish a bit textured. It has purple square glitters, and daisies, which I love! Shown is two coats with top coat.


Next, we have Bubble Naut.



Bubble Naut is a "light blue cream base, with baby blue glitters." I would have wanted the base on this one to be a bit less opaque, but it's still beautiful nonetheless. Shown is two and a half coats plus top coat.


Here we have Fuchsia Field.



Fuchsia Field is "a magenta jelly with square, iridescent and grape daisy glitters." I always have a hard time with jellies so forgive me for having a sucky swatch. This is one thin coat plus two dabbed coats, plus top coat.


And here is Butterfly Cemetary.



Butterfly Cemetary is "a purple jelly with fuchsia tint, square and iridescent glitters." And butterfly glitters!!! Again, this is a jelly so forgive my sucky swatch. This is one thin coat plus two dabbed coats, plus top coat.


And last but not the least, the special polish, B Tuplets.



You won't find B Tuplets on her shop, because this is a custom bottle for the tuplets! Hence the name, B Tuplets, which actually means Best Tuplets but Sylvie said it didn't fit on the labels, haha. Anyway, my tuplet bottle is a grayish creme base with a hint of lavender, with the same blue glitters from Bubble Naut, and off-white hearts glitter! Looks soft and girly, doesn't it? This is two coats plus top coat.


Thoughts? I am impressed with the combination of glitters in these polishes! Like I said, I don't like polishes with glitters that look like they just got thrown together in a base, without any cohesion. Sylvie's polishes have glitters that actually make sense, if you know what I mean... And have you seen the daisy and butterfly glitters?! It's awesome. The formula can get a bit thick, though, due to the large amount of glitters in the polish, but just give them a few shakes and they'll thin out. The brush also spreads out nicely. Also, Butterfly Cemetary can get a bit messy to take off due to the small violet glitters but it's not a big deal. Dry time is also quite fast.


Would I recommend these polishes? Of course, not only because she is my friend, but you can see for yourself that these polishes are pretty. The only thing is, it's only available in Australia as of now, but hopefully she'll work with the international stockists so these pretty polishes can reach her American followers.


And that's it for this post! Stay tuned for the next ones. :)


*I bought these polishes with my own money. Smudged can be purchased from Sylvie's Etsy shop; shipping within Australia only for now. Each polish is about $9.50 AUD plus shipping.*


*Disclaimer: Due to variations in screen displays and resolutions, polishes may appear different to each reader. I try my best to capture colors as accurately as I can, and if I can't, then I try to describe the color/s to the best of my ability.*

2 comments:

  1. I'm in love with these! Even though she's all the way in Australia I'll be a fan. :)

    ReplyDelete