Thursday, June 20, 2013

Indi Thursdays: Sindie POP! Mrs. Duck and Dark Side

Hello everyone! For this week's Indie Thursdays (it's Thursday already..?!) I have two polishes from Sindie POP! Lacquer to share with you.

(Side note: I didn't have time to tinker with the curved watermarks, so I went back to my default watermarking app.)

Like almost all other indies I own (which isn't really a lot,) I found out about Sindie POP! on, where else, Instagram! I swear that app will be the death of my wallet! Anyway, I saw Selena's (of @selenadee_nails on IG) swatch of Dark Side, and I knew immediately that I had to have it too!

Here is Sindie POP!'s intro (copied from her website:)


I'm a girl with an infatuation with glitter, so I decided to share it with the world. I custom make all of my nail polishes by hand in my own house. All of my lacquers are 3 FREE: No Formaldehyde, DBP, or Toluene around here.

ONLY DOMESTIC U.S.A. (50 states) shipping is available. 
PLEASE READ THE PRODUCT'S DESCRIPTION, MY TERMS AND CONDITIONS PAGE, AND MY FAQ PAGES BEFORE PURCHASING.


Welcome to Sindie POP!


Anyway, without further ado, here is Mrs. Duck:




Check out all that glitter! Mrs. Duck is a sheer milky white base chock-full of periwinkle and gold medium hex glitters, tiny violet, gold and holo (holo!) glitters, and micro periwinkle glitters. Holo=holographic. Believe me when I say it's packed with glitter; I got a pretty decent amount on the first coat, but the base was still sheer at that point so I did three coats. (I'm a glitter hoarder like that. Haha.) It dries gritty due to the amount of glitter in it, so be sure to load up on top coat! (It also helps bring out the glitters more. I love watching a glitter polish transform whenever I put top coat on!)


Here is Dark Side.




Dark Side is a black jelly base with small purple, periwinkle, gold, and teal hex glitters, plus smaller holo (holo!) glitters. This. This is the polish that made me order Sindie POP! in the first place. I love this polish! If you loved Zoya Storm, you will love this polish. If you love black-based glitter, you'll love this. Heck, I think you'll love this polish even if you don't love black, glitters, or holo! (But seriously though, who doesn't love holo?!) The first time I swatched it I think I used three coats, but I've learned my lesson since then and did just two coats. Again, with the amount of glitter, load up on top coat.

Fun fact: Sindie POP! has polishes with "counterparts." For example, Mrs. Duck has a combo polish named Mr. Duck. Dark Side has a combo, or complementary (yes, with an E) polish called Bright Side. Cool, huh?


Thoughts? I love these polishes! I'm so sad I wasn't able to order more, but I definitely will in the future. The formula is good, glitter payoff is great, and dry time is pretty decent. While I really prefer a short and squat brush (Sindie POP! has a long cap/handle, long brush stem and rounded brush) the brushes on these polishes wasn't really an issue. The length of the cap/handle was pretty daunting to me at first but you'll get used to it. The brush also fans out nicely and doesn't make it streaky or leave bald patches.

Will I recommend these polishes? YES! Obviously. Have I told you that I love these polishes? Oh. Haha. Anyway, while the price might be a little steep for others ($9 plus shipping) it's totally worth it. Indies do tend to be a bit more expensive due to the uniqueness of it, and the time and effort it takes to make them. Remember, it's almost always just one or two people doing all the work! And isn't it worth paying just a little bit extra to own and wear a polish that's unique and one of a kind? :)


That's it for this week's Indie Thursdays! I hope you enjoyed this post, and see you next time!


*I bought these polishes with my own money. You can purchase Sindie POP! Lacquer here. Polishes are $9 plus shipping.*


*Disclaimer: Due to variations in screen displays and resolutions, polishes may appear different to each reader. I try my best to capture colors as accurately as I can, and if I can't, then I try to describe the color/s to the best of my ability.*

No comments:

Post a Comment